I love crystals. In fact you could say that I have a passion for them. I have them all around my home, I wear them as jewellery. I even carry a couple in my handbag.
I always have a piece of citrine in my purse to attract abundance and money into my life, and to stop me from ever having an empty wallet.
Crystals are a part of my daily life. I cannot imagine not having them around me.
I love to share my knowledge and enthusiasm, and to offer other people the opportunity to enjoy the benefits and beauty of crystals. Starting today I shall be writing about different crystals on a regular basis, sharing information about each one and telling you how they can help with different situations in your life.
I am going to start today with my favourite crystal, amethyst. I love amethyst because it’s purple. I love purple. I named our fabulous new magazine after it, and I’m celebrating our launch!
Amethyst is also one of the most useful crystals. It has a wide range of benefits for everyone.
To celebrate the launch of Purple Conversations we are giving away a set of 5 small crystals with their meanings to the first 100 readers who sign up for our Newsletter using the form below before the 8th of September. Readers will also be entered into a Free Prize Draw for an amethyst cluster similar to the one shown below.
The Beautiful Amethyst – Its Meaning and Benefits
The colour of amethyst ranges from pale lilac to the deepest purple, depending on where in the world it was found and how deep in the earth the crystal was formed. Amethysts can come from Brazil, Bolivia, USA, India, Madagascar, Mexico, Uruguay, Sri Lanka and Tanzania. The violet colour is created by irradiation (the level of radiation to which each crystal is exposed whilst in the ground), iron impurities, and the presence of trace elements. All shades of this crystal carry a strong healing vibration.
There is also a crystal called Prasiolite, which is often known as the green amethyst or lime citrine. This is excellent for working with the heart chakra for self-esteem, self-love and self-confidence.
Dark yellow citrine, often used in jewellery, can be made by heating amethyst crystals, and this too carries a strong healing vibration.
The name amethyst comes from the Greek word amethustos, meaning sober, or more accurately translated, ‘not drunken’. It was said that an amethyst could prevent the bearer from becoming excessively drunk. It could also instil a sober and serious mind. It was even believed that if you drank from a cup made from amethyst, you would not become drunk at all! Many healers use it today to assist in beating addictions.
The ancient Egyptians made beads and amulets from amethyst. They believed that its vibrations had strong healing powers and also used it as protection against evil forces. Even in the Roman Catholic Church, many of the ecclesiastical rings worn by the Bishops bear amethysts due to the crystal’s protective and spiritual associations.
Although amethyst is generally credited as the birthstone of Pisces and the month of February, it is actually also the birthstone for Aries, Sagittarius, Pisces and Aquarius.
The amethyst emits a strong field of vibrational healing energy. These crystals are wonderful when used in healing, whether for crystal healing or self-healing. When I am giving a Reiki treatment I use amethyst crystals during the treatment session.
It’s especially good to wear amethyst jewellery if you work clairvoyantly or if you suffer from headaches. And amethysts look beautiful, so why wouldn’t you?
How Amethyst Can Benefit You
- Keeping a piece of amethyst in the bedroom will promote restful sleep and peaceful dreaming. Anyone can benefit from having amethyst close by, as it is a highly protective crystal. If sleep is a real problem, a small tumblestone under your pillow often works really well.
- Amethyst can quieten the mind, allowing you to more easily make contact with spirit. It will also relieve any stress that you are holding on to, and promote a feeling of harmony.
- If you have addictive habits such as smoking, drinking or drug issues, you may find it helpful to wear amethyst. It can also help with depression and anxiety, lifting spirits and releasing anger and fear, although you should also speak to your doctor if you have serious problems with any of these.
- An amethyst geode, when placed anywhere in your environment, brings a wonderful healing vibration. Amethyst is a quartz crystal, and as such is a strong amplifier of energy. You can cleanse small crystals and tumblestones, including pieces of jewellery, by placing them on a cluster or geode of amethyst. The vibrations will remove any negativity they may be holding.
- Amethyst is a very spiritual crystal. It is beneficial when used in meditation and will increase your psychic abilities including spiritual healing.
These powerful stones vibrate within the third eye and crown chakras. I will be looking at chakras in more detail in the future. There are many other properties and uses for amethyst, mainly spiritual and healing, which I will also be writing about soon.
I hope that I have ignited a spark of interest in you with these wonderful stones, and that you will enjoy more information on other crystals, their meanings and how they can benefit you. We would love to hear from you, your thoughts and comments on our Facebook page.
Don’t forget to sign up for our Newsletter and enter to win your set of 5 small crystals to start off your collection. Remember, you will also be entered into a Free Prize Draw to win an amethyst cluster.
Download our guide: 10 Ways to Use Crystals In and Around the Home